Oracle SQL Fundamentals Course Overview The Oracle SQL Fundamentals course is designed to give delegates practical experience in writing Oracle SQL statements and scripts. After successfully completing this certification, delegates will be able to learn how to; create Oracle SQL statements to query database tables, use standard aggregate functions and related SELECT statement clauses, Implement extended SQL functions and many other useful skills. Other vital skills that delegates will learn include; performing flashback operations, creating and using external tables as well as controlling user access to database objects.
Oracle SQL Fundamentals
Oracle SQL fundamentals is for anybody who has matriculated and interested in modern technology and building awesome projects. We assume that you have no prior Oracle DBA knowledge or experience at all. All you need is grade 12 and an interest in technology,IT qualification is an advantage!
After successfully completing this certification, delegates will be able to learn how to; create Oracle SQL statements to query database tables, use standard aggregate functions and related SELECT statement clauses, Implement extended SQL functions and many other useful skills. Other vital skills that delegates will learn include; performing flashback operations, creating and using external tables as well as controlling user access to database objects.
Who should attend?
Database Administrators, Developers, Support Staff, Technical Administrators and Technical Consultants
Before attending this course, trainees must meet the following:
- Grade 12
- You should pass our Learning Agility Assessment. The Learning Agility Assessment will indicate if you have the Ability to rapidly learn from new experiences, and deliver high-quality results in the first-time situations. It measures accountability, problem-solving, drive for results, self-confidence, and confidence in others.
- IT qualification an advantage
Oracle requires and recommends that delegates have to attend Oracle SQL fundementals prior to attending Oracle DBA workshop 1
The following sessions are taught during this Oracle course:
- Session 1: Relational database concepts
- Session 2: Using SQL*plus
- Session 3: Using SQL developer
- Session 4: Retrieving data with the select statement
- Session 5: Aggregate functions
- Session 6: Joining tables
- Session 7: Numeric character and date functions
- Session 8: Conversion and miscellaneous
- Session 9: SQL Parameters
- Session 10: Using subqueries
- Session 11: Managing data
- Session 12: Managing tables
- Session 13: Managing indexes and views
- Session 14: Managing sequences and synonyms
- Session 15: Retrieve data using subqueries
- Session 16: Hierarchical queries
- Session 17: Enhanced grouping features
- Session 18: Manage large data sets
- Session 19: Flashback technology
- Session 20: Date, time and timezone support
- Session 21: Regular expression support
- Session 22: Manage objects with the data dictionary
- Session 23: Manage Schema Objects
- Session 24: Access control
When & where is it:
Sat 10 October 2020, In Manhattan Office Park,Building 10, No. 16 Pieter Street, Highveld,Centurion
The course will run over 5 Saturdays from 9H00 – 14H00
Exams: – The examinations for Oracle SQL Fundementals are not included as a part of this course and will need to be purchased separately via Pearson Vue
Refreshments and lunch:
Tea and coffee will be supplied during tea times. A light variety cold platter lunch will be supplied. We unfortunately can not cater for special dietary needs over the weekends, please bring your own lunch if you have special dietary needs.
Training room size:
We normally train a maximum of 16 trainees to ensure individual attention. Due to COVID19 restrictions we have reduced number of trainees to 8 people
I / We agree that although this Authority and Mandate may be cancelled by me / us, such cancellation will not cancel the Agreement and I / We shall not be entitled to any refund.
Should you with to postpone and attend the workshop, you will be given the opportunity to attend the workshop on the next available date.